Updating your site's password
Follow these simple steps to update your passwords
1. Log into the site with your existing login
2. Navigate to the site’s “change password” page
Head to your site’s settings area, the place where you would typically change the account’s password:
3. Tip: If the site is asking for the current password, use 1Password mini to copy and paste it into the field
If the site is asking for the current password, use the Command + Option + \ keyboard shortcut or click on the 1Password button in your browser’s toolbar to bring up 1Password mini, and hover over your Login item. Click on the password field to copy it.
4. Use the Strong Password Generator to generate a new password
Click on 1Password in your toolbar or press Command + Option + \ to open 1Password mini to use the Password Generator. You can now press the Fill button to have it filled into the new password fields on the site.
5. Now, you’re ready to update your password!
Press the Change Password button on the site:
Now, 1Password will prompt to ask you if you want to update your password.
Press the Update button to save the change, or you can choose to save it as a new Login item. More information can be found in our article on the Autosave and Update prompts.
Manually updating a Login item
If by chance 1Password’s Update Login prompt didn’t appear, you can update the Login item manually.